The Indiana Conservation Alliance (INCA) is a group of approximately 30 organizations sharing a common interest in the protection, stewardship and sustainable use of our natural resources.
INCA’s 2013 State Legislative Priorities:
- $2 million/year for the Indiana Heritage Trust
- $2.5 million/year for the Bicentennial Nature Trust
- $1.3 million/year for Clean Water Indiana and Indiana Department of Agriculture, Division of Soil
- We support HB 1202/SB 546 which requires retailers/lawn care professionals to provide consumer education on the need to reduce the use of lawn fertilizers containing phosphorus to protect water quality.
- We oppose HB 1194 which would legalize the shooting of deer in fenced enclosures.
- We support passage of HB 1011 which would improve and expand public transit in central Indiana.
On September 30th, 2016 INCA is holding Indiana’s first Conservation Congress to discuss a shared conservation ethic and funding needed for conservation. To register or learn more about INCA click here: http://www.inconservation.org/.
See event agenda: Cons_Congress Agenda